Position Summary: The Intern: ICT Technical Support has become
available. The intern will actively contribute to meaningful projects and work closely with a mentor and with senior leadership within the ICT business unit. The successful candidate will report to the Manager: Information and Communications Technology.
The Network Administrator Intern is a year-round position that will assist in the day to-day administration; support and ongoing enhancement of our client’s network (LAN, WAN, Wireless) infrastructures. Candidates must be able to work in a secure, mission-critical production-computing environment. Applicants will be responsible for assisting the Network Administrators, Sr. Network Engineer, and Network.
- Key Performance Areas
Assist with troubleshooting IT hardware, software, network,
backups, and provide technical support.
- Provides daily on-site support on the usage of software and
hardware to the end-users.
- Help to ensure that information and communication technology
(ICT) equipment is in good working condition and assists with
maintenance and minor repairs.
- Assist in the installation of in-house software and related upgrades.
- Respond to end-user needs regarding Email, Microsoft 365,
- Support equipment inventory and ICT Unit record-keeping.
- Assist in minor administrative tasks.
- Perform other duties as tasked and deemed necessary for the
overall delivery of the business unit´s activities.
- Grade 12 (NQF level 4).
- National Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology.
- PC Engineering/ A +, Networking, Office 365 and security plus will be an added advantage.
- Familiar with installation of software, troubleshooting of
- Basic understanding of cybersecurity and cloud computing.
- Basic understanding of software development, programming or data analytics concepts.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well with other team members.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organised and reliable
Email a letter of motivation together with certified copies of ID and Qualifications to: email@example.com .Please quote the reference number in the subject line of your email. Correspondence will be limited to the short-listed candidates only.
Applicants with a foreign qualification must submit a SAQA evaluation report of their qualification. The CGE reserves the right not to fill this advertised position. The CGE is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to the achievement and maintenance of representivity (race, gender, and disability). All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background checks. Coloured, White and Indian candidates and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.